Friday, June 10, 2011

And now it's been another year. Gee i'm slack! [I don't think anyone reads this blog anyway]
What a year. So many ups and downs and blessings!
Alix had a baby boy, Daniel [or DJ] and then thought she could just get her old life back. 5 weeks later he was removed from her care and placed with us until she proved she could parent him properly. We resigned ourselves to the fact that we will probably raise him ourselves. He's now a year old and still with us. Alix is living in another town and does her own thing. She doesn't visit DJ. I take him to her whenever i go to that town [half an hour away]
DJ is a willful, loud & adventurous little boy and i'm surprised we all survived the first year lol
But he's definitely one of us. I couldn't imagine life without him. So the last year has been quite busy for all of us, adjusting to life with a baby.
I turned 40, still trying to get healthy [baby steps]
My relationship with God has really grown, and that's the best bit :o)
I started doing a scripture journal challenge over at Faith Sisters at the beginning of the year. Here are a few of the pages i've done.




















No comments: