Monday, October 24, 2011

I read back through a few posts, looking for something. And i read the post about Alix coming home to have her baby. I honestly thought God had answered my prayers and full filled his promise to reunite us under better conditions.

Well things actually became worse. Alix had her baby - A beautiful baby boy called Daniel [DJ]. But instead of buckling down & learning to be a good parent, she just wanted to go back to her old life and leave me to look after Daniel. I tried to guide her, encourage her and teach her without bossing her around. But it was just too hard for her. When Daniel was 5 weeks old, and it was the middle of winter, she moved out to sleep on a friends couch. A friend who lives in a tiny house with indoor smokers, and the plan was to leave DJ sleeping in the pram next to her all the time. She tried to take DJ but i wouldn't let her, so she called the Police and tried to have me charged with kidnapping.

The Police came and made us let DJ go with her, because it was her legal right. But they also lodged a DOCS report against Alix. A week later Daniel was taken from Alix by child services. They asked us if we'd be willing to raise him until Alix sought the help she needed [that they would provide]. We agreed and it's now 18mo later. Alix didn't do what was asked of her and actually signed him over to us during a DOCS meeting.

In that 18mo Alix has moved back and forth to different states and her contact with DJ has dwindled to nothing.

Alix and i have been on and off talking terms too many times to count. I even had to completely disown her at one stage because she'd only talk to me if she was drunk and/or stoned [a lot] and she'd call me to say really nasty things about what a shitty mother i am.

But through all that, i still trust in Gods promise, and i still believe he is answering my prayers. It's just a progressive work. I believe Alix will come back into the family, a changed woman for the better. A lovely, devoted Christian woman [And my bestie] had a dream that Alix will come back when she's 30. She wasn't sure if she had that mixed up with something else, But it's all good. I can wait :o)

And as for Daniel? He's a very adventurous, active and loved little boy who wants and needs for nothing! When the time comes when he asks why his mum isn't raising him, he doesn't need the details. I'll just tell him that she wasn't stable enough to be able to and that she loves him as much as she knows how.

No comments: